Sunday 31 March 2013

recycled art

Making things from other things is nothing new. Today it is called "recycling', a few years ago it was just plain good old common-sense - "waste not want not" my Grandmother used to say.
Kiwis are great at innovation and ingenuity - points the detractors of Number 8 wire technology miss completely.  #8-style action is always a simple solution to a problem with the materials at hand - it is never intended to be a method of inventing cutting-edge digital technology.
I like to collect junk from the trash & am frequently trash-trawling in my local neighbourhood - it's amazing what you can find!
Here are a couple of clocks and a trashion necklace I have made:
(trashion" = "fashion from trash")

 See more at my website www.martinadlington.webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment