Tuesday 26 March 2013

a shed project

The other week I bought these clippers at the local market. The metal part is in good condition and cuts well, however, as you can see the wooden handles are riddled with borer.
This will make a good shed project - I plan to drill out the wooden handles and replace them with steel pipes, which I shall weld on.
Somehow I never learned to weld, though many of my friends did, and went on to be metal-fabricators, engineers, and steel-boat builders. So this will be a good chance for me to learn some welding. I have spoken with Gwyn ( the "metal man") at my local Men's Shed North Shore, and he suggested that TIG welding would be the easiest for me to learn, and offered to teach me! Tyanks mate.
So watch this space for my progress.....



No comments:

Post a Comment